Pavan Choudary is the author of Best Selling book on white power, How a Good Person can Really Win – revised and updated edition of When You Are Sinking Become A Submarine, CEO & MD of Vygon, a French MNC, host of the TV program Hum Aise Kyun Hain on Doordarshan, former columnist with The Times of India and Financial Chronicle, Chairs the Medical Technology Association of India, a Trustee with the Lal Bahadur National Memorial Trust and an Independent Director with Transasia Bio Medicals ltd.
Since 1998, Pavan Choudary is the CEO and Managing Director of Vygon India Pvt. Ltd., a leading French Multinational in Healthcare.
Prior to this, he held senior positions in Marketing and Advertising at large Indian and Foreign MNCs and has authored The Rx Factor, a seminal work on healthcare marketing and strategy.
He Chairs the Medical Technology Association of India, is a Trustee with the Lal Bahadur National Memorial Trust, an Independent Director with Transasia Bio Medicals ltd and sits on the Advisory Board of Executive Access Pvt Ltd.
Contributions in the Socio-Political Space:
Over the past three decades, through intense study, he has also acquired deep knowledge of two socio-political areas.
1. Helping the ethical man/ ethical organization acquire competitive advantage and How Ethics, Effectiveness and Power can co-exist.
His research in this area:
- Has given birth to books like, the best-selling- How a Good person can really win (Earlier version – When You are sinking become a Submarine) – recipient of the prestigious Eric Hoffer Award, Book Excellence Award and The Readers’ Favorite Award (finalist).
- Has won him critical acclaim( ‘Intellectual Icon of the Year Award ‘, ‘Business Excellence Award’, ‘Global Leadership Award’ ) and has got him the opportunity to train many senior professionals across the world and to speak at leading institutes viz. the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, the Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad, IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management at Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Kozhikode), Sydney Technical University, Singapore Management University and other prestigious institutes in India and abroad.
- He is a keen student of Wisdom & Power and his study has made him deep dive into the theatre of war & competition among communities and nations. It has given birth to books like Machiavelli for Moral people and Chanakya’s Political Wisdom. This field continues to fascinate him and as an off shoot of this interest, he has also advised several CEOs, Sport Stars and people in public life on Personal and Career Strategy & have played some role in making principled people win.
2. The other area in which he has considerable experience and where he is at the same time looking for answers is how self-centred, acutely stratified, tradition obsessed, feudal societies can change into more socially enlightened, egalitarian, scientific tempered and disciplined communities.
His learning in this area is drawn from the body of research which he assimilated for his TV show, Hum Aisey Kyun Hain (Why are we like that?). more than 70 episodes of which have been already telecast nationally by Doordarshan National. The episodes can be viewed on IdeasInfinite. This show helped him explore questions like why some communities are self-seeking, corrupt, in-disciplined, hypocritical etc. He delved into these issues with experts drawn from Sociology, Psychology, Management, Education, Media, Police and Administration.
He has also written columns for The Times of India, “ Mera Gaon Mera Desh” and Financial Chronicle, “ Sacred Bull” on topics arising from the above two areas. Currently, he writes mainly for firstpost.com. For his latest articles visit Blog | Pavan Choudary and Pavan Choudary on Twitter | (@WriterPavan)
Apart from this, Pavan has also co-authored three books with Magsaysay Awardee, Kiran Bedi – Broom & Groom 2010 – (A book on Hygiene and Manners), Swachh Bharat Checklist 2015 & Uprising 2011- Indians Against Corruption and one book with Congress leader and Ex-Finance Minister, Government of India, Anil Shastri, Lal Bahadur Shastri – Lessons in Leadership which was released by the Dalai Lama in Delhi.