Pavan Choudary is a Public Intellectual, Corporate Leader, Keynote Speaker and a Business & Life Coach. An interdisciplinary think-tank whose knowledge transcends across many sectors. His expertise spans a wide range of topics including leadership, business, marketing, communication, and more. With research-driven theories and real-life examples, he shares his wisdom to help leaders and entrepreneurs achieve more in life and business. He is consulted by several business leaders/families.
Since 1998, Pavan Choudary is the CEO and Managing Director of Vygon India Pvt. Ltd., a leading French Multinational in Healthcare.
Prior to this, he held senior positions in Marketing and Advertising at large Indian and Foreign MNCs and has authored The Rx Factor, a seminal work on healthcare marketing and strategy.
He Chairs the Medical Technology Association of India (MTaI), is a Trustee with the Lal Bahadur National Memorial Trust, an Independent Director with Transasia Bio Medicals ltd and sits on the Advisory board of Executive Access Pvt Ltd.
Contributions in the Socio-Economic Space:
Over the past three decades, through intense study, he has also acquired deep knowledge of three socio-economic areas.
1. Helping the ethical man/ ethical organization acquire competitive advantage and How Ethics, Effectiveness and Power can co-exist.
His research in this area:
· Has given birth to books like, the best-selling- How a Good person can really win ( Earlier version – When You are sinking become a Submarine) – recipient of the prestigious Eric Hoffer Award, Book Excellence Award and The Readers’ Favorite Award (finalist).
· Has won him critical acclaim (‘Intellectual Icon of the Year Award ‘, ‘Business Excellence Award’, ‘Global Leadership Award’) and has got him the opportunity to train many senior professionals across the world and to speak at leading institutes viz. YPO, the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, the Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad, IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management at Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Kozhikode), Sydney Technical University, Singapore Management University and other prestigious institutes in India and abroad.
He is a keen student of Wisdom & Power and his study has made him deep dive in to the theatre of war & competition among communities and nations. It has given birth to books like Machiavelli for Moral people and Chanakya’s Political Wisdom.
2. Drawing from his learnings above as well as his career in the Corporate Sector, the other area which Pavan excels in is helping professionals find their calling, adapting to the VUCA world and making them future ready.
His interest in Wisdom helps him learn from the past and his interest in creativity and evolution of technology helps him envision the future. As a sampler please view his moderation at Blockchain for Business 2018
This field of enabling companies and professionals march ahead fascinates him and as an off shoot of this interest, he has advised several Corporates, CEOs, Sport Stars and people in public life on Business and Career strategy.
3. The third area in which he has considerable experience and where he is at the same time looking for answers is how self-centred, acutely stratified, tradition obsessed, feudal societies can change in to more socially enlightened, egalitarian, scientific tempered and disciplined communities.
His learning in this area is drawn from the body of research which he assimilated for his TV show, Hum Aisey Kyun Hain (Why are we like that?). more than 70 episodes of which have been already telecast nationally by Doordarshan National. The episodes can be viewed on Pavan’s TV Show. This show helped him explore questions like why some communities are self-seeking, corrupt, in-disciplined, hypocritical etc. He delved in to these issues with experts drawn from Sociology, Psychology, Management, Education, Media, Police and Administration. He now shares his learnings through his popular 2-minute video series called The Deep Slice.
He has also written columns for The Times of India, “ Mera Gaon Mera Desh” and Financial Chronicle, “ Sacred Bull” on topics arising from the above two areas. Currently he write mainly for firstpost.com. For his latest articles visit Blog | Pavan Choudary and Pavan Choudary (@WriterPavan) | Twitter
Apart from this, Pavan has also co-authored three books with Magsaysay Awardee, Kiran Bedi – Broom & Groom 2010 – (A book on Hygiene and Manners), Swachh Bharat Checklist 2015 & Uprising 2011- Indians Against Corruption and one book with Congress leader and Ex Finance Minister, Government of India, Anil Shastri, Lal Bahadur Shastri – Lessons in Leadership which was released by the Dalai Lama in Delhi.